Sunday, August 7, 2011

Letters from my Mother 2

Hi there Meg

I'm back inside from doing the jobs, have spent an hour and a half balancing our bank account, transferring money and updating stuff, now I'm here to say hello!

I googled Gruenau and saw the treehouse. It really does look beautiful. I'm so glad you’re getting to see so much of the world and enjoying it....and no I can't believe it's been three weeks. Soon it will be a month!...but remember we couldn't believe how quickly Drew's time has gone.

It's excellent that your money is holding out so well. I'm really impressed. You must feel good that it's worked out this way and it's good that you've not had to hold yourself back or miss out on anything because of money worries.

I feel the same about not having you around to talk to about all the little things that happen. Isn't it funny that nothing can really happen in your day (I mean mine, not yours) yet you have lots to tell someone! Poor Gibbo! Sometimes I think I am overloading him with "stuff" but he's been really good and I think we've grown closer now that there's just the two of us. As he said, “well there's no-one else around so of course you turn to the person that's here”. He enjoyed his trip but is so convinced that we live in the best country in the world. I have some photos to sliprail and I hope to get onto that this afternoon.

I think he enjoys having me as his "gofer" girl. "Move the ute up, move the ute back, pick that up, paint these three green then that one white while I go and do this" etc etc. We've been hanging out a lot (when he's been here).

I didn't end up going to the cricket. I'm way behind with banking (caught up now), 365 (two weeks behind) and sliprail (about ten posts behind). We were outside all day yesterday, then we worked the bar at the AFL dinner last night (poultry club did the bar to raise money). There were two other guys getting a lift to the cricket with Gibbo so I decided not to go so today I'm trying to catch up on all the above...except the printer is playing up and I only got up to Prague printed (for 365). I really need to keep on top of your emails and photos and Drew's photos otherwise I get too far behind and it takes ages to catch up!

I bought a couple of those "meals in a box" - that you put in the microwave for two minues (not the frozen ones). They're quite good and I just had one for lunch. The Thai Chicken and the Red Curry ones are the best.

Xxxxx has said he'll probably buy our farm when we're ready to sell. Gibbo is super keen on the xxx  place because everything is done. I'm a little less keen. The first day we went there I was still totally still at the first place in my head. I wonder if I'd feel differently about it if we'd gone to the second one first and seen the house on the first visit. I quite like it but I don't LOVE it so I'm not really sure what to do. He is so keen though.

I am taking Grandad to the prostate doctor for a check up next Friday. He doesn't really want to sell his place and move so we're going to go look at chair lifts that attach to the stair railing. He came up with the idea so we'll go have a look. He doesn't want to leave the quiet lifestyle he has made for himself.

The trip to MD was good except we got a flat tyre on the way up and another on the way back. I spent two hours on the Thursday morning walking along the creek taking photos before heading to the office to do some work then driving into Springsure to get the first tyre fixed. We're going up again in two weeks. Next week Gibbo is going south but I'm not going with him as he's flying.

Peppie is letting herself in and out of the pen. Doug did the animals last week when we were away and he said sometimes he was at my chooks and he'd turn around and there she'd be, standing behind him. Then she'd tear off back over to her side and home.

Well that's about it, am off to catch up on 365 and do a couple of sliprail posts,

Love and miss you Megey,

Momma

No comments: