Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Finally,

I've caught up to myself! It's taken ages to catch up on Meg's emails and Drew's and Gibbo's photos but I'm finally here. We arrived home from Meteor on Friday afternoon (after having to change ANOTHER tyre between Taroom and Wandoan). Saturday disappeared quickly after a trip to town, mixing feed and painting the new chicken brooder. We worked the bar on Saturday night at the AFL 10 year anniversary - the Feather Club worked to raise funds for new cage fronts. I skipped cricket on Sunday and spent the day catching up on banking, 365 and blogging.

I went to Toowoomba again yesterday for my ear update. A car came flying out of Ridgeview and nearly took me (and Meg's little red jellybean) out; I drove two and a half hours for a twenty minute appointment; paid $12 for a very ordinary chicken and mayonnaise sandwich and hot chocolate (although the chocolate frog was good) and then saw a traffic controller nearly get run over. By the time I got home I was exhausted!!

I picked Coco up from Mum's where she's been boarding holidaying/living it up. She's been having warm chicken mince and milk for breakfast and a cooked bone at 11am. She refused to eat the Chum I served her up this morning. June suggested that I might find a note when I came this afternoon that read, "Dear Mother, Have gone back to Grandmother's where the food is fantastic and the bed is warm. Love from Princess Coco".

I've had some good catchups with both kids on skype, talking to Meg and typing to Drew. I watched two youtube videos of the McGill University trip to Antarctica and the concept behind and subsequent success of Students on Ice. Wow. Have a look at it here. Or this one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl75DKZO_Uo&feature=related

I ordered a new iphone cover for Katrina and myself. They're called a Bookbook - they arrived today, in six days, from South Carolina. Pretty impressive service. I really like it. 
Gibbo flew to southern NSW yesterday, back tomorrow. We have Sophie's 18th birthday dinner to celebrate tomorrow night. Then we have R&D people here Thursday, I take Mate to his doctor's appointment in Toowoomba on Friday and then we spend all weekend in Toowoomba at Ken's 60th birthday celebrations. Next week Gibbo is speaking at a feedlot nutrition workshop in Dalby then we drive to Rockhampton to inspect some Brahman bulls on property. Then back to Meteor for three days, then home. Not sure yet if I'll make that trip.

The other man in my life, Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall, is on tv now so I have to go spend some time with him. See you later.

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Have just loved all of this great range of posts Mare, catching up on all of your far-flung family ... and you. We've arrived in Brisbane, I'm so excited to be on holidays!
Hope you're happy with the new camera, your photos look terrific. A little ironic that you're heading up to my neck of the woods, just as I head to the south. If you do decide to go, hope you enjoy your trip.