Sunday, August 7, 2011

Cesky Krumlov

is in Chekoslavakia and I just love the name of this place. I'm going to name my Plymouth Rock rooster (when I finally track some down) Cesky Krumlov. I really like saying it. Cesky Krumlov. Haha.

Hi all,

Mare - I cant tell you enough how much you would LOVE Cesky Krumlov. It's a beautiful old town and the river winds through it. We are having better weather so that is a huge plus! I wish we had had another day there.

We spent our first day wandering around and caught up with Tameeka's parents and had dinner with them. On the second day Chris and I went to the castle and had a look around. They have a moat around the castle that is home to brown bears!!!! There are markets at the bottom of the castle, and if I had had the space or any idea how to get it home in one piece, I would have bought a heap of pottery type jugs and mugs. The Czech Republic uses crowns and everything there was so so cheap. I bought the most beautiful rabbit fur. It was $10 Australian dollars. Chris thinks I have sold my soul, but I think if it had already been shot and skinned I may as well have it. I do love animals after all!!!

That afternoon we did a river rafting pub crawl. We pulled in at this one place that must have been an American camp. There was a confederate flag flying, Johnny Cash playing, the man cooking the grill had about three teeth, a huge beer gut, and was cooking topless but wearing long army camouflage pants, and had tied down his mullet with a bandana!!! River rafting was fun, have a few bruises, but nothing like that time in Warwick!!!

Cesky was animal friendly, there were dogs everywhere! I think that you guys should definitely visit there one day!!!

Love, Meg





No comments: