Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Postcard from Across the Pond



Postcard No 1

Hello my lovely family. Here is my first official written greetings from across the pond!


I would like to start off by saying that while I do miss you all, this has been the best decision of my life so far...even after the shaky start.


I believe this experience will shape my life, giving me independence, maturity, skills and most importantly perserverance of/with other people and cultures.


Thankyou all for supporting my decision to come to Canada and for being by my side when I was doing it tough! Where I am right now is where I'm supposed to be. I've had an absolute ball so far trying all new things and meeting new people...I bloody love it!


Tomorrow, Tuesday 29th, I'm going on an excursion to a Sugar Bush to do more maple tapping...so excited!



1 comment:

Fiona said...

He sounds so happy Mare. Also sounds as though you all had a very rough start to Drew's adventure ... you didn't let on! Have no doubt it would have been very trying with that great pond separating you.