Saturday, April 2, 2011

Feeling Calm

Momentarily at least. We went driving out to one of the calving paddocks where some of the elites are. It was late afternoon, not long off dusk. I felt myself unravelling inside. It was cool...quiet...peaceful and quite beautiful. I'm starting to think I could live out here.




There was a welcoming committee at the kitchen door when I got home from the office at 9-30 that night. They're there every night. They're also in the toilet (they've clogged it up) and on the windowsill and all over the verandah. I move them out of the house. My mother would never be able to visit if we lived out here.

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Beautiful photos again Mare. That's an amazing sunset you've captured.
I need to know what Gibbo was about to tackle with both those gloves on.
Certainly looks as though you're a little drier in those parts than we are up here closer to the coast. The rain just hasn't stopped, and although we probably haven't measured much more than 30 mil this week, it is just so, so wet. Drizzling again as I speak and we're about to set off with tractor to pull a vehicle out of yesterday's bog!