Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Latest Missive from Drew

Whoaaa. It's been ages since I've sent an email! Quite a lot has happened since I last emailed.

On Tuesday last week I went on another excursion to another Sugar Shack in Quebec with all the International Students which was A LOT of fun. We had an all you can eat buffet breakfast and I made Australia proud! Haha. I am having a lot of fun at school with my friends. Probably too much fun actually. I'm not really applying myself to my studies. Haha!

Last weekend my family and I drove to a little town on the border of the US and Canada called Sarnia. We were actually going to a place called Hamilton so Bryn could have her scholarship interview for University but decided to continue on to Sarnia. Lianne's parents live there so we stayed with them! They were soooo lovely to me and were interested in everything I had to tell them. They are avid bird watchers and they told me they were very keen to go to Australia to see the wildlife, I told them they were more than welcome to stay with us Haha! Lianne's mum was REALLY funny. If I could describe her in two words it would be "Betty White" but with a lot of sass.

We did a fair few things in Sarnia, which was a lot of fun. See the attached photos. In the Fall they've invited me to go camping in their RV with them to Algonquin Park - check out the link. It looks AMAZING! http://www.algonquinpark.on.ca (for some reason I can't copy over the link, so you'll just have to type it in and hopefully it'll work). On the Sunday we packed up and drove 8 hours back to Ottawa, stopping in Toronto to do some much needed shopping :p

Last Wednesday I had ANOTHER excursion, to The Great Canadian Theatre Company where we saw a REALLY good performance about homeless people.

This weekend was really good. The snow is almost all gone AND FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER I WORE SHORTS! Omg, it was so nice. On Saturday there was a party I went to with all the internationals so that was really good fun :p and today I went to church in the morning then met my Swedish friends and we bussed to Ikea because they wanted to compare the stores. They said the Swedish Ikea was far superior to Canada's one. Haha.

This Summer I have two months off (and I'm not sure if I've told you this or not but) I'm volunteering in a fishing lodge up in Northern Ontario for one month. It’s exclusively on an Island purely for fishing, kayaking and hiking ect. I get room, board and food for free for my services and I get days off. I'll be working all over the place changing from job to job so that'll be really good fun. For the rest of the holidays I'm hoping that my host Uncle will have me stay with his family for a week in San Francisco so that'll be lots of fun! Then I'm spending a week in Massachusetts at an adventure park kind of thing! I'M SO EXCITED. I also have White Water Rafting scheduled in there somewhere haha.

Hope everything is good at your end. Love and miss you all, Drew.

P.S: I'll attach photos later. Supper is ready and I'M STARVING!

No comments: