Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Oh Happy Days!!

Well today turned out to be a good one. Drew rang and we talked for ages. I sat in the sun on the office verandah and talked to him while the willy wagtails and little blue and brown wrens hopped about in the orange blossom trees, twittering and chattering. The magpies and pee-wees dug for grubs in the lawn and a crow called from afar. Very Australian. Then this afternoon, not ONE but TWO parcels arrived. My organic planting veges arrived and so did DREW'S PARCEL ALL THE WAY FROM CANADA. I was so happy I KISSED it. It sat beside me all afternoon, waiting to go home before I opened it. He drew pictures of his Canadian family on the back. It was so nice to see his writing again - and his little stick men drawings. This is what I saw when I opened it-everything packed in neatly (thanks Lianne!!!). Gifts for everyone!





Postcards.
Maple Leaf Chocolate for Easter.
Scarf.





A very special Yoda. He now sits on my dressing table and will watch over me as I sleep. You had to be here 7 years ago during the lung episode to understand his significance.
An egg poacher - on legs!!
What a lovely little collection of gifts, each carefully chosen and appropriate. Thanks Drewy.
And here's the pizza! Berry Delicious.

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Quite a loot you've received. I particularly like the moose mug.
Just had to share that I had a vege parcel in the mail today also ... some seed potatoes (couldn't buy them anywhere locally) and some garlic, including elephant garlic. Have you heard of it? Apparently a cross between garlic and onion and suits our northern clime a little better than 'normal' garlic supposedly.
We had 28 ml of rain yesterday in a short burst (just before the rainbow), which perked my latest round of seedlings up very nicely.