Saturday, April 2, 2011

Home Again

We got home at 7-30 last night. It was good to go outside this morning and check on the progress of the garden since I left on Tuesday. Meg does a good job looking after my chooks and vege garden when I'm not here. Thanks Meg. I'll reward you by feeding your goats for the four months you're off galivanting around the world (and I'll pay for half your ticket to visit Drewy).

I've spent today catching up on things. I went to town and did a little shopping. I've spent a lot of the day just blogging and catching up on my 365. These two things take up a lot of my time on the weekends now as I don't get a chance to do any when we're at Surat. My whole technology infrastructure needs a drastic overhaul especially my crappy, crappy internet service. That will be something to work on once we finish this constant travelling. The peas at the verandah are coming along. This is a beautiful bush that we have to walk past to get to the chooks. I can't remember it's full name but I know it has "angel" in it. It's poisonous. At the moment it's truly magnificent and is just dripping with flowers. I took quite a few photos!



The eggplant took a very long time to grow but they're really coming into their own now. The big one looks just like one you'd buy in the shops!

Poofy, still happy, growing his winter coat.
This is the little man that Megan saved. He sleeps on the permaculture garden gate, facing away from the garden. When I go over in the mornings, he's always IN the garden so he obviously turns around and flies himself down to scratch around and check for bugs. I have to herd him out each day. He doesn't realise he's strutting on thin ice by being on the wrong side of the vege garden fence. It might have something to do with the fact that the biggest rooster I own lives in a pen inside the garden. It's all about testosterone.
The rosellas are starting to fruit.
The peas in the permaculture garden are surviving, as long as they're covered each night.
New eschallots. I bought them last weekend and they sat on the kitchen sink for a week so they're a bit yellow.


The broccoli has double in size. One plant less.

My assistants. Coco was off being busy elsewhere. Old Red with one of his girls. He only has one girl at the moment - the other four have gone clucky on him.


Fluffy bum disappearing into the garden. These guys spend most of their day fossicking amongst the low lying bushes and shrubs.

1 comment:

Fiona said...

The garden looks great. I've only moved my chooks again a couple of days ago, and planted seedlings. I didn't have any luck with egg-plants this year. The bushes are still standing looking very healthy, I wonder if they might do something yet. I recognise the flower on your tree, has it got trumpet in the name too?