Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Walking to New Farm

Once I had booked out of the unit on Friday morning I had a couple of hours to kill before meeting up with Meg. I decided to walk to New Farm. I took my time, admiring the Story Bridge along the way and enjoying the walk along the Boardwalk, a floating platform that I recall caused a deal of angst when first built. It was a lovely walk and I stopped here along the way, enjoying the cool breeze and the wonderful scent of the chinese star jasmine hedges.



It took me an hour to get to New Farm Park after stopping to rest, take photos and chat with the nice man through the security grille at the ferry stop. None of the river ferries or cats were operating due to the debris churned up by the release of water from Wivenhoe Dam.

I was really looking forward to a cappuccino when Meg sent a message saying she was finished. I had a quick coffee; she came and picked me up and we spent a lovely half hour in a quirky little shop where I bought ear-rings (and was conned into buying a pair for her as well).

From there we went to Mary Ryan's at Milton and fondled and smelt the books; had lunch at the CClub then headed for home. Unfortunately we timed it really badly and were caught for 40 minutes in traffic on the Ipswich Motorway at 2.30 in the afternoon. Crazy. We finally made it home around 8 after grocery shopping in town. Gibbo wasn't too far behind us; he'd left Bris at 5.30 and also got caught in traffic. Drew was working at Mary's then at the Rugby Banquet.

No comments: