Thursday, October 28, 2010

Three Months From Today

I shall be curled up on the floor in the foetal position, sobbing my heart out, unable to speak, overcome with sadness and grief because I will have waved/kissed/hugged/squeezed goodbye to my Drewy as he heads off on his adventure to Canada for a year. January 27, 2011.

What was I thinking when I encouraged him to head off to the other side of the world for a whole twelve months? Yes, I really want him to go and No, I don't want him to go at all.

It's going to be a long year,next year is.

A veeeerry long year.

I need a project.

A big one.

To distract me.

And no, Gibbo doesn't count as a project.

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Oh Mare, I don't know what to say.
This is going to be such a wonderful experience for Drew and one he'll remember all his life. But you already know that.
With today's technology you will be able to talk/email/blog with him everyday.
And I'll still be your friend!!!
... and I think Gibbo will make a wonderful project!