Sunday, October 24, 2010

Blogger and Me

Sometimes I don't get along with Blogger and Blogger doesn't get along with me. I tried to post last night from my pc but no matter how long I sat there and stared at the screen, the posting template wouldn't load. I can type up a post from my ipad but still haven't worked out how to upload photos; therefore, photos have to come via the pc. More research required.

I found this picture today while reading ifeltit-poppiespoppy blog. It's just the way I feel when I'm lost in a good book; like it's my friend and I don't want to go anywhere without it.
We've had a busy weekend in the garden (both house and permaculture) and packed away half a beast. We started Friday afternoon on the meat and finally finished it today (except for the crivac steak packs in the outside fridge). We didn't have enough room here so had to take quite a bit to the freezer at the feedlot. We welcomed another mouth to feed (that requires a blog post all of its' own).

Drew is studying hard for his final two Japanese exams this week and working on the drafts for his final SOR presentation (The Afterlife) and English (pick a celebrity and write how the media portrays them in a positive/negative way). He chose Britney - plenty of material to work with there! That leaves Maths and Biology (both tests during exam week) and Drama (a monologue).

Gibbo has gone again, until Thursday. There's a severe hail and storm warning for our area; we've been out and put the cars away and covered the chooks and pigeons. Not much more we can do now except wait for it to hit. I'm sitting at my favorite table, the one I hardly ever get time to sit at, looking out over the beautiful garden, so green, with the dark storm clouds behind. The wind is picking up and the branches are bending. If we're lucky it will bypass us, just dropping a nice little shower on the house garden and veggies as it goes.

No comments: