Sunday, October 3, 2010

Goats, Goannas and Wesley

Gibbo, Chris and Rocky left here at 4.30am to catch their morning flight to Sydney for the NRL Grand Final. To the rest of us, it's just another day.

M&T went away for the weekend and we fed their five baby goats, 85 oeg's, 65 chicks, 4 dogs and 1 pretty bird. The kids spent all the time admiring the goats. We met some interesting animals along the way. The little turtle was making his way across the bitumen at the front of the f-lot; we picked him up and took him to the dam. Megan named him Wesley for the short time that she "owned" him.


On the way to M & T's we found these two "native" creatures, both alive in different ways - a pesky goanna and a cactus dog. 
Then we got to the animals.......................Megan fell in loooooooovvvvvvvveeeeeeeee.................

















We are heavily into breeding/incubating/hatching again..chickens everywhere - silkies, wyandottes and barnevelders.
The hanging pots at the back door are doing well and the grape vines are growing back. I neglected to prune them when they finished growing last season so I 'm not sure what to expect now - although they seem to have a lot of potential bunches on them. I don't know much (anything at all) about grape vines. 
Here I am fixing Gibbo's watering can out at his chooks. Fixed it right up I did. That's a pruning saw I'm using! (Should have used it on the grapes a couple of months ago!).

Unfortunately for Roosters fans, 2010 is not the Year of the Rooster; it turns out it is the Year of the Dragon. However, on a more positive note, I won $30 by picking the correct Man of the Match.........who was it that said I didn't know anything about football! More proceeds for my special tin.

No comments: