Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Jousting at Ripley Castle

This day was one of the highlights of our recent trip. I so should have been born back in the days of knights and damsels. I watched, enthralled, as the horses and riders performed. I guess it's similar to our Outback Spectacular - an entertaining show performed for an appreciative audience. The Green Knight (a girl with long black hair) fell off her horse twice (on purpose) for extra effect. The Blue Knight triumphed in the end and won the Golden Goblet. The Black Knight was boo-ed at every opportunity. It was a lot of fun and I thoroughly enjoyed it.









1 comment:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Hi Mare made my way over from Blogtobufest. Wasn't sure where you were until I read a post that mentioned bitumen and knew you were Down Under. I've read "Toad Rage" and it mentions the bitumen a few times!