Sunday, October 17, 2010

A Visit to CP

Thursday morning saw us visit the marketing arm of the Company. This is my roomie, Leona. We're the only two feedlotters amongst the group.


 I was quite fascinated by this...........it's a kebab maker. It involves a metal box, a lot of skewers, some nice meat, a knife and a strong arm with which to slice. This way, that way, take off the lid and VOILA.........kebabs.




From there we went to head office and sat and listened while a progression of people came before us, to welcome and tell us this and that. Most of  it was interesting, some of it was not. It would pay some people to listen more carefully to what the women of the Company tell them; that way, we might be more amenable to their suggestions.

To repay the hospitality always shown to head office staff when they visit the stations/feedlots, they decided to return the favour by cooking for us. We enjoyed drinks and nibblies after work. I could have quite happily left at this stage (I was peopled out) but we headed on to dinner at a nearby Meditteranean restaurant. The food just kept coming and coming and by the time the lamb shanks arrived, I couldn't eat one more morsel so I let them pass me by on their way up the table. I would have loved a taste but really couldn't. We finally taxi-ed home and I fell into bed, too tired to blog (and blew the Blogtoberfest challenge!).

No comments: