Saturday, December 24, 2011

The Weekly Wrap Up

We left the coast on Monday; as always, just when you're starting to relax and let go it's time to come home. We came via Bris and picked up a friend of Chris and Meg's and gave him a lift to Tba. We went to St A to visit our friend, Dave, who had his very nasty appendix removed. When we arrived back in our home town I met up with Meg to finalise the Xmas shopping while G continued home and unpacked the car :-)

The rest of the week disappeared in a flurry of plane trips and work. G flew to CQ for two days,back home for a night then flew to Surat and back on Thursday. He and Meg and I shopped Thursday night for the Xmas and Boxing Day food. Lucky there's one responsible adult in the family; they were like a pair of little kids. G is easily bored and Meg is easily amused so they suit each other's personalities quite well! Meg rode the trolley nearly all the way around the supermarket; G pushed. At one stage, when I sent Meg off to get something from an aisle we'd already been up, G got so far ahead of me I had to pile things in my arms and then catch up to him. Guess where I found him - in the meat section of course.

Chris has gone north to visit his parents. He arrives back on Boxing Day we hope, or maybe the next day. We have missed him at work (and at home here); he is very efficient and R doesn't want him to go back to Uni. She realises his value in the office; he has certainly picked up the job and run with it. I am covering for him while he's away (it's my old job that he is doing) plus doing the final MD accounts and catching up on my own work from my week away. It's been a little stressful. Combined with the prospect of visitors (albeit easy, no drama visitors) and the fact that Drewy won't be here, I've been a little teary (more so than usual!).

I think I need a holiday!

No comments: