Friday, December 9, 2011

Does this Christmas Tree look Familiar?

As sometimes happens in our household, the two women in it changed their minds. We ditched the idea of the living gum tree and decorated minimalist dead branches and went with the traditional tree. I took a lot of photos but only kept these few; I had trouble getting the lighting right.





 This is one of my favourite decorations from years gone by. I can't remember when I bought it but I do remember falling in love with it as soon as I saw it. I bought two big stars at the same time. All three are really quite big, much too big to hang on the tree.

 This year we have quite a few decorations from around the world. Meg brought most of these home, but we also have some from Prague and London (Kylie B), Ireland (us from last year) and Canada (from Chris).

 This is the closest I've come to my minimalist look - two lots of little lights on glitter sticks. They look really pretty when all the overhead lights are turned off.

There was no disagreement over who was going to put the angel on the top of the tree this year - there's only one child here. I took a photo of Meg as she put it on but it wasn't especially flattering so we'll have a re-run.

I'm feeling a little anxious about the lead up to and waking up on Christmas Day. One of us won't be here and I don't know how that's going to go. Whilst I know he's going off on a grand adventure just after, it's not going to be quite the same this year with one empty chair and an unpulled bon-bon.

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Christmas just isn't a time for minimalism Mare. Whether it's decorations, food or drinks. It's all or nothing! Enjoy the lead-up. Remember, not many sleeps till your boy's home.