Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Cooking

Today has been busy. Meg went to town early and picked up a couple of things including two hot chooks and Grandma (an old chook!!). While she was away I wrapped presents for everyone.

We cooked the regular Christmas fare. The pork (I've had a shocker this year; I failed with the pork crackling).
Usually I make mini quiches but this year I made a full one.
 I boiled the eggs for Ma-Ma's Stuffed Eggs (my Grandma's recipe - and one of Peter's favourites).
I marinated the chicken wings (another favourite of Peter's).
This year for something different Meg wants to have a baked ham so she made up the orange marmalade glaze. These are the only two photos we've got - both of them of oranges! The mixture looks and smells really good - we'll cook it tomorrow and take more pics.

I also made a dozen mini sticky date puddings but didn't take photos. Half way through the preparation (before cooking time) we lost power for quite a while.

It rained twice today; weird weather. We skyped with Drewy. He went with his host family to choose their real Christmas tree. When they came home they made gingerbread houses together - Drewy made a bridge. What a nice tradition. He doesn't think it's going to be a white Christmas for him; but maybe he'll get a surprise and it will be snowing on Christmas morning.

No comments: