Thursday, December 29, 2011

Meanwhile, Back at the Farm....

Life goes on! There's been masses of food and drink, card playing into the wee hours, kids riding go-karts and little bikes, swims, tears, tennis and a lot of talking. Everyone contributes and does their share. I've gone to work Wednesday and Thursday, still trying to catch up on things that I didn't get done before I went on holidays (seems like an eon ago). Everyone progressively left today and now, there's just the four of us here. The fridge is still bulging with food; I don't know how we're going to eat it all.

I have photos of kids activities and cooking that I need to download and post; Meg took some corkers, but I'm too tired tonight to go through the process of downloading, choosing and uploading. Maybe tomorrow?

Gibbo has done my chooks all week. I figured if he was on holidays while I'm working I'd take advantage of the fact that he was home. Plus it's a bit of payback for all the times I've done his when he's away!

There's a storm outside; the thunder is getting closer and I can see the lightning through the window from where I'm sitting at my desk. I'm going to make a cup of tea and then do some light reading before bed. Hopefully, there'll be rain on the roof soon (not that I will be able to hear it); my vege garden could badly do with a drink.

No comments: