Thursday, December 15, 2011

Bound for Antarctica

An interview on our local ABC radio.
Our local ABC Radio rang Drew last week to interview him about his trip. He was quite nervous. We thought it was going to be broadcast on Friday but when I returned from Christmas shopping at Pacific Fair on Tuesday I had an email from the PR Company to say it would be on that afternoon - 40 minutes from then! It was lucky I checked my messages - I had been outside talking and only went into the unit to get something and thought I'd check. I quickly rang Meg and Mum and the Binda Drive crew but I couldn't get Gibbo - he was off playing tennis - but he happened to ring not long after to ask me to take the beer out of the freezer (priorities!). He made it back in time. I couldn't get the little radio to pick up the station signal so listened to it in the car. Five of us piled into the car and three others stood outside. He came across really well and it was beautiful to hear his voice over a crackly, static radio.

The Toowoomba Chronicle did a story too using the answers to some questions that the PR Company had given him. It came out today.


It's really happening. In 12 days.

No comments: