Sunday, October 23, 2011

Today

Hello Again!

Grandad called in this morning on his way home, to get me to re-set the clock in his car. He installed a new battery and the clock loses power and goes back to 12.00. It took us a while to remember how to do it, so we wrote it in his book this time. I took him for a walk to see the new fence and the vege garden. We dug up and re-planted the artichokes ('cos he is the artichoke king). I gave him some more home grown potatoes, a piece of bacon and egg pie and 9 eggs while Gibbo dug him out some wagyu sausages and some Millie chops from the freezer. He was quite happy with his haul when he left.

Cricket has started again. Hooray. Today was Gibbo's first game - the younger members of the team were calling him The Warrior. It's going to be a long season. Again.

I started the Worm Farm Project this morning. I gathered the dead pumpkins that didn't store so well -

some newspapers -
some scraps -

some rakings from the chook pens -
and some horse manure.
So I threw in the scraps and some cardboard -
then the chook rakings and soaked newspapers -
and finally, the horse manure and muddy slush that was in the bottom of the garbage bin.

Now you know what I'd really like to see happen - it would be ideal if a large piece of carpet or cardboard fell out of the sky and landed just perfectly in that little rectangle. Then all I'd have to do is keep it wet and turn the compost each time I add some more "fuel". I'm going to see if the worms come (as there's already quite a few in the rest of the mandalas); if they don't I"ll go ahead with the plan to buy the compost worms. Until that carpet falls out of the sky I think I'll have to made do with hessian bags from the fruit shop.
 
Now it's getting dark. Gibbo is home from cricket; one wicket and 17 runs. They lost. I've cooked a y-bone casserole for dinner and we're watching the All Blacks play the French in the World Cup Final. At least G can't make me nervous like he did two weeks ago but I do wish he'd stop yelling at the tv. It makes Coco bark.
 
Love and Miss you both, very much.
 
Momma

No comments: