Sunday, October 30, 2011

At Last, Together Again!

Saturday night I waited up to hear from Meg to let me know she was on her way to the airport in LA to begin her journey to Drew. I watched the clock and when I hadn't heard from her I checked my emails and found one from her saying that she'd just tried to ring (skype). I was sad that I'd missed the call (bad reception); I so wanted to talk to her and wish her luck on her journey. I emailed back to say exactly that and then my mobile rang and there she was!! I was very happy. She set off at 4.30am local time, 9.30pm here; she was standing outside her hotel waiting for the airport flyer.

At 2.32 this morning (12.32pm his time) I got an email from Drew saying that in 28 minutes they were leaving Ottawa on their way to pick up Meg! The wheels were turning! Meg landed at 5.15pm (7.15 this morning here) and they managed to find each other although I think Meg called out to him in a whimper because she was crying!

They made the journey back to Ottawa and skyped me from there. It was wonderful to see them both, cheeks pressed together, trying to get in front of the camera so I could see them both at once. I cried. I miss them so much. It's nine months and 2 days since Drew has seen another Gibbons in the flesh; it's wonderful to know they're together for the next week. Maybe I'll sleep better for a few days.

They have lots of things planned so I'm looking forward to hearing about and seeing what they do.

On a crappy note, Chris and Mitch are caught up in the Qantas debacle - they were supposed to leave LA today to head home but have had to stay another night in their accommodation; they went and saw the Qantas desk at LA International when they took Tameeka to catch her Virgin A flight home. Qantas staff told the boys to come back tomorrow and they will be put up in the Marriot Hotel and their accom and meals will be covered. Lucky they're not in a desperate hurry to get home; maybe they'll have to wait a week for the dispute to be resolved and then Meg can meet up with them and they can all come home together!!! I couldn't believe it last night when I heard that the fleet had been grounded; that's pretty serious.

Not long now and I will see one of my babes again; nine sleeps (or nine restless nights at least!).

No comments: