Sunday, October 2, 2011

Fulfilling a Dream

Echuca - this is what I saw when I walked into our motel room - isn't it fantastic? I had a very long soak in it - I was like Goldilocks - it was "just right" for my size. This is the bathtub I will have one day!
Look how the water comes out of the spout - pretty cool hey?
Actually, if you only turn the tap on a little bit the water dribbles out of the slot and down the wall! I soon learnt that and will have to remember it when there's one in my bathroom!
So when the boys drove off in the early morning to look at some fullbloods in a feedlot half an hour away,  I went down to the river.......

The Mary Ann is a floating restaurant. She made her first trip on February 19, 1853!!! The boiler, the only surviving relic of the Mary Ann, was oblong in shape and proved to be very dangerous. It had to be reinforced with chains and wedges to avoid it blowing apart.
We cruised on the Emmylou.











I went back to the motel and had my long bath and waited for the boys to return so that we could go on our cruise. The timing of our flight home meant that we had a perfect window of time to fit in an hour long trip, drive the two and a half hours back to Melbourne and book ourselves in (with me pressing the buttons this time).

No comments: