Sunday, October 23, 2011

Getting Ready for "The Return"

This is what the "kitchen" table has looked like since Meg and Chris left. I've left all my 365 bits and pieces piled up and spread out depending on a) whether Gibbo is home and b) whether we're eating or not.


 Bearing in mind that Meg and Chris will be back here in two weeks (Chris gets home a week before Meg but is spending some time in Bris and Twba before heading back here) I really need to find a better option for my 365ing. Before they left I used to pack it up and unpack it each time I worked on it (which was often); being able to leave it out has been good, albeit messy.

So I decided to bring my Grandfather's desk in from the garden shed and set it up between the two couches. I'd forgotten I even had it; only because I've had to feed the chickens lately did I remember it. I'm not sure how well it will work in the living room but at least the table will be clear so that four of us can eat together again.

I had this desk in my bedroom at Greenbank. I did many assignments on it's dropped down door (which has now dropped off). I recall a photo of me as a 17 year old, in my work uniform (I worked in an accountants office after Grade 12) sitting at it writing a letter. One day I'll do it up. But not just yet.
I've given it a cleanup and a wash and it's now inside.

The All Blacks are only ahead by 5-0 at half-time. Not the white-wash (so far) we all thought it would be.

No comments: