Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Reason We Went to Melbourne

was to attend the annual wagyu conference. Gibbo is a councillor and has been for more years than I care to remember. We pay for my flight and I attend on a hospitality ticket (we get three of these with three "free" delegate conference tickets by being a major sponsor. We supply the meat for the Saturday night dinner).

The guest speaker portrays (and takes the mickey out of) a certain redhead, wellknown to most of us; she is the sister of another councillor.
Farm Walk on Sunday at a fullblood operation-this little one just wouldn't get up no matter what his Momma did (I assume it was a boy). She wouldn't leave him though, just like all good Mommas.
Three likely lads - Gibbo, Ferg and Dallas.
It was a beautiful location.
From there we travelled to another smaller fullblood operation; we've been buying steers from SG for years now and it was good to meet him and see his operation. He too lives in a stunning location.
There's nothing special about this photo except it gives me a feeling of...........America for some reason. Weird hey?
From SG's place we drove to Echuca. I fell asleep in the car, my head lolling side to side. I was worn out.

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Beautiful photos Mare. I've only visited Melbourne once, and then only briefly. I love the sense of history, and the scenery and architecture are so different to that we have up here.
I'd seen the photo of Gibbo (with others) on Beef Central (or rather Matthew did and pointed it out to me).
Matthew said you would have the sisters to the cows I photographed the other day. They come from Alan Rea's. It was his place we were fishing on.