Monday, July 18, 2011

The Rest of the Day

After saying goodbye to Megs and the boys Gibbo and I made our way across to the domestic terminal. He tried out his new carry on roller luggage and all went well. I went through Security with him and we had a quick lunch of toasties, wraps, cheese & bickies and coffee before he headed off. He's gone to fly around CQ with TS visiting "his" properties.

I caught a taxi back to Toowong, got in the car and headed home. I was supposed to go "left, left, left, then right, straight, left" to get out of Brisbane and onto the highway home. Of course I missed the second left - instead of taking a sharp turn left I only veered left which kind of took me straight ahead; after a mild panic I came to the right road and knew where I was. My big city driving skills don't extend much past Milton, Toowong or Auchenflower.

It started raining on the G Bypass; I called in at Binda to drop off D's jumper; there was no-one home. By the time I got back to D it was getting late. Turning onto the home road felt good although it was raining heavily and was cold and wet outside; the heavy dark grey sky matched my mood. I drove to the goats in the rain, the dogs ran out to greet me. Peppie and Peach were crying hysterically! I fed them one jug then went back to get the second and Chloe was perched on the garbage bin - so all the four legged animals were accounted for, safe and sound. Everyone was starbing to death!!

I have somehow caught a flu bug which is unusual because I NEVER get sick....and I can't sleep....so am keeping odd hours.

I have the World Clock open on my ipad to keep a track of where everyone is/will be. I know that Drew is 14 hours behind; Meg is 8 hours behind at the moment in Paris but will be constantly moving so I'll need to refer to it often; and I have no idea about Korea and China but guess I'll work that out in a week or so when Gibbo is there.

No comments: