Monday, July 18, 2011

Email from Paris!!

Hello properly this time! There is a broadband point in the Hotel and Mitch let me borrow his laptop! No wifi for my iPad though.


The Australian swimming team was on our flight to Singapore and we saw XX. She was a bit of a show pony, got changed while sitting in her seat - she was wearing a bikini! I vomitted twice in the toliet and once in a sickbag. Didn't need anyone to help, pretty sure it was just because of headache. Changing over at Singapore was easy, finding our gate and getting the tickets to Paris was easy. 12 hours is a very very long time to spend on a plane. Because I wasn't feeling well I didn't eat much dinner, but slept for six hours and was fine when I woke up. We had a very easy changeover in Munich, we got off the plane, and then had a ten minute bus ride to the plane to Paris. Getting out of Paris Airport was a bit confusing, then we got the train to near our hotel and walked the rest of the way. We spent most of the day wandering around looking at buildings and different things. We found the Moulin Rogue but I think we will need to go back at night time to see it better. The show is $90. Might go.

We are meeting Tameeka at the airport tomorrow morning.


McDonalds McCafe sells macaroons! We're practicing our French with little success. I ate a chocolate macaroon and it was amazing.


Photo of Chris and I in the foot massage thing in Singapore Airport, macaroons, woman dragging her suitcase around and her cat perched on top (think Chloe will do this??) and nice house! I tried to make the photos small so I hope that they are not too big!

It rained on and off today and it is quite cold. It's about 5.45pm now. We're really tired but trying not to go to bed too early!

Please forward to Grandma, still dont have her email saved here but will try and get time to move it onto hotmail from iPad.

Lots of love,

Meg


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great time this is in your children's lives. This was my life, too, twenty years ago - 3 children travelling three different continents! It's a wonderful experience for them. It's not so easy on Mum, but time will fly and they'll come home so grown up and smart .. and the nest will be full again.
Valerie

Fiona said...

Macaroons at McDonalds! Can you believe it?
I need Meg to take in a cooking class whilst in Paris and share it with us all.
Wishing you a wonderful time Meg.
And hope you're going okay Mum.