Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Canada Day

Drew and his family and friends celebrated Canada Day in style - with Wills and Kate!

On Canada Day Lianne, Jim, Bryn and I went downtown Ottawa. There was an estimated half million crowd. So you can imagine the craziness, it was pretty crowded. Bryn and I split off from Jim and Lianne and decided to wait in the line up to see Will & Kate. Bryn wasn't very interested in seeing what was going on but I was. I lined up for an hour and half and I had an okay spot. I felt a bit of a bond between you (mum) and I, remember when you told me that you lined up in the streets of London to see Diana.. or someone and you got a good picture. Yeah I felt like you :)


So I got a really good picture of Kate waving. The stupid guy in front of me pissed me off so much. He had his camera phone directly in front of my camera so half of my photos are focused on him. Dickhead. However, I am so happy to be able to say that I have seen the possible future King and his wife.. is she technically a Queen in waiting orrrr?



After that we met up with Jim and Lianne at Major Hill Park and watched what was going on in Parliament Hill via a jumbotron. Then it got really hot so Bryn and I went and had lunch. The Rideau Centre food court was absolutely crazy! People were like fighting over tables and stuff. This nice asian couple offered us their table as they were leaving. We sat, ate and then signalled a lady and her daughter who were waiting patiently to come take our table. They were grateful.


Then we hung out till about 4 and I went and met my friends. Jim and Lianne went off to a BBQ at one of their friends house and I don't know where Bryn went.


I hungout with my Gloucester friends and my international friends so that was really good. We took photos in the street and just chilled for a couple of hours. There were fireworks at 10pm so we went to Major Hill Park and got a really good spot at about 9pm. We all laid on the grass together and watched the best fireworks I've ever seen. It was so good, but it was also really sad because this was the last time I would ever see some of these people again. So afterwards I said goodbye to some of the most amazing people ever. I cried alot, they cried alot. and then I left to go home. Which was absolute bedlam. I had to catch the 95 to Orleans. About 8 or 9 95's passed by because people were literally clawing their way on. People pushing and pulling and being rude. It was crappy. Just pissed me off. Eventually I caught a bus and found some friends from school on there as well so that was good.









No comments: