Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Hello all,

Thought I’d send out a quick email to update you on my day yesterday, it was rather exciting. It all started at 6:15am, I picked up 45 Americans and their baggage and loaded it onto about 8 guide boats and sent them on their merry way. They were very nice, but could sometimes be arrogant – altogether they tipped the entire staff of Chaudiere Lodge $2,100, so in that aspect they were very nice haha.

I got off work at 9:30am and just laid outside on the docks in the sun and going for swim every 15 minutes, keeping an eye on that Snapping Turtle that has decided to make his home under our docks. Makes putting your toes in the water an extremely cautious situation.

I have become really close friends with one of the Chaudiere fishing guides (Patrick) and his fiancée (Jen) – he asked me if I wanted him to take me out fishing at 2:30. Of course I said yes. We were hunting for Pyke and Wall-eye. So to push the story forward, we were fishing in this bay when all of a sudden we heard a branch on a tree snap. We looked up to the shore and could hear something moving about in the bushes. I was so excited I put down my fishing rod and got my camera out. Unfortunately we couldn’t see anything but we could certainly hear this animal. Pat suggested it was either a bear or a moose. So I put my camera down, picked up my rod, reeled the line in and I was about to take it out of the water when I looked down and saw a fish following the spinner bait. My first words were “Shit, that’s a fish” hahaha Pat must think I’ve never seen a fish before in my life. He took the bait and I pulled him into to the boat, it was a 24” Northern Pyke. I attached photos. Funny part was while Pat was trying to unhook him I was doing my hair and looking for the bear haha. Was a lot of fun.

Patrick and Jen invited me to their wedding next fall in San Diego in California. So hopefully I can make that.

Love you all


Drew


No comments: