Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Dear Family (26/06/11)

Hello Everyone including Stoph

Hope this letter finds you all well across the world!

I am feeling better tonight, my aching head is improving and I feel like I can sit and write to you all instead of going to bed. Both Coco and Chloe slept with me last night but Chloe woke me up at 5am running up and down the bed so she is now banished from the bedroom. Coco gets under the covers and moves around a little bit but isn't a problem.

It is taking me nearly an hour to do all the animals in the mornings because I feel so crappy and go really slow so I don't hurt my head. I banged it really hard getting into the car this morning - it brought tears to my eyes. I haven't been this sick since I had Drew. He was nine months old and I had a sinus infection and Gibbo was playing football in Vanuatu and Mum and Andrew came out to stay with me. Andrew took me to the doctor and I got a pethidine injection - and on the way home, coming up the hill at Colkerri, I thought I was in a jet plane that was about to take off!!

The three little Barnies that were born Sunday night are doing well although I had to tie the legs together on one of them - they were splayed. He appears to be doing ok now. Gotta look after those Barnies hey? Selling 4 for $450 makes them precious. Who would have thought?

A dog at Beaudesert has Hendra antibodies and has to be put down and a horse at Chinchilla has died.

I'm back. I've spent the last few hours updating sliprail with Canadian and European entries. It's taken me ages because I keep losing internet connection. I'm just about finished, just waiting for the Belgium photos to load.

Not much happening here really. We had a disastrous trip to Brisbane on Saturday - we got a flat tyre at Wainui - and the spare was flat. Dave came to help but his tyre didn't fit but he brought a little air compressor with him and the boys pumped up the spare. Martin picked up Meg's car and drove to Wainui to meet us then drove our car back to Dalby. We didn't get to Brisbane until 7pm. By then I had a cracker of a headache and we ate at Coffee Club. I had the chicken and asparagus risotto - it was awful. Pat picked Gibbo up at 4.15am Sunday for the airport; I went back to sleep for a bit until Drewie skyped me. After we chatted I had breakfast back at the CC (pot of tea and raisin toast) then drove home. Didn't miss any turnoffs either Megey! Called in at Binda for a coffee and chat to Desley; she had Isabelle, Georgia and Lachlan with her.

So the last few days have been quiet without you all. My head has really given me grief and my ribs and chest are really sore from coughing but I think I'm getting better now.

Belgium photos have loaded so I'm off to bed.

Miss you all a lot, looking forward to seeing Gibbo in four days time,

Love Momma and Mare

No comments: