Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Sunday II

We spread a big trailer load of feedlot manure around the drip line of a heap of trees (and then got nearly an inch and a half of rain on Monday night; perfect).




I went back later and put a biscuit of lucerne beside the holes I dug for the dark purple agapanthus I plan on planting.


The New Guinea Bean continues to grow.


I've really neglected the permaculture garden lately. We moved the chooks to a new circle and I mixed up what they'd left behind and added some hot feedlot manure. I'll give it a few weeks before I plant anything. The two black silkie teenagers have come to visit their friends.


Slowly cleaning up the tank area.


Harold gave me two succulent black roses when we bought the flame trees a few weeks ago.


Peter's bamboo is really starting to take off.


It's taken a while but it now has two new shoots.




The House Garden - I'm slowly adding plants to fill in the gaps. I just need to be a little patient and give everything time to grow and spread now. I like how the small iris has such bright green leaves.




The garden has a bare strip along the back; most of the plants seem to be in the front two thirds. I thought some frangipanis might be a nice way to pretty it up. They would provide height but not clog up the area too much.


The day ended with a beautiful sky; these two pictures were taken minutes apart; one over the cattle yards, one over The Compound. Awesome.



No comments: