Monday, December 2, 2013

A Weekend in Pictures (and a few words)

The wind woke me up at 3.30am - it was raining and I could actually hear it!! 26mm of rain fell which meant a (welcome) slightly slower start than usual to Saturday. We started fencing the Chook Forest (at my compound) but got chased inside by more rain. G caught up on some tv series episodes that he'd missed and I finally got the boxes in the lounge room unpacked and put away. It 's much neater in there now (on one side of the room at least).


We just need to deal with all these pictures/photos/jerseys/posters - there was plenty of room for them all in the old house but not here.


The sky cleared after lunch so we went to town and picked up the stump grinder from our tree lopping friend. G did the grinding while I did the cleaning up.






There was a slight altercation with some black irrigation hose hidden under the mulch. There was not much swearing.


 I found a skin that had lost it's snake.


I re-potted some cute little green plants that grow from a big fat bulb. I've thought I might plant one or two in pots to go with each of our Christmas hampers. I don't know what they are but I call them Prue's Plant because I got it from her when we were up in CQ once upon a long time ago.




The New Guinea Bean emerged!!


This is the wisteria I planted last Monday. I need to find/buy a nice iron support for it.


On Monday last I also planted some purple and white agapanthus from my old garden.


I would have liked a bit more rain - for the farm as well as an excuse to keep me inside a little longer, pottering and cooking.

No comments: