Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Fencing and a Bottle Tree

When I said a few days ago that G and Drew went fencing, one of my blog friends on the other side of the world imagined them going off in white suits to lunge and attack with their foils/sabres/epees.

However, this is the kind of fencing I meant. These pics are for you, graceysgoodies. You can see from the size of the posts why strength may have been an asset when a labourer was called for and why Drew was the offsider of preference over me! It was hot and heavy work.




We now have about 15 calves on the ground, some of them very new. They're on the back boundary in the paddock the boys were in. On the left you can see the remains of the old fence; we're replacing it to give us another paddock in the rotational plan.


And Fiona, this one is for you. Merry Christmas.


2 comments:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Thanks for the pictures! They do look really heavy! and the last picture is magnificent!

Anonymous said...

Hello there Mary-Anne

What a fantastic blog!

You might remember me as the camel man who you and Gibbo kindly looked after at Aronui in 1998. I have (finally) completed a book about it and mention you, Gibbo, Meg and Drew. (By the way - you and Gibbo appear not to have changed a bit - but Meg and Drew!) So, I wanted to let you know it is coming and send you a letter.

Best regards

David