Sunday, October 21, 2012

Turns Out....

I'm not Wonder Woman after all!! I proceeded to go downhill Thursday and then had a long and unsettled night I'd rather forget. Friday found me looking and feeling particularly scrawny; being very thin I can tell when I've lost a kilo or two. The best way to describe it is feeling like a coat hanger - wiry, all angles and clothes hang off you. I started to feel a bit better on Friday afternoon, evidenced by having enough physical energy to make a very small batch of strawberry jam and enough mental energy to check my work emails. Plus, I started to get bored with lying in/on the bed/couch, reading - a sure sign of recovery. As it turns out, the world kept turning, the sky didn't fall and the company didn't shut down so obviously I can afford to take a few days off without worry!!

Yesterday I had one of those self nurturing days where I went into slow mode and felt like the day lasted forever. I updated our budget, worked out whether we can afford to buy the 40hd herd of ptic purebreds (now we have to decide if that's the road we want to wander down), did some washing, filed the last few months worth of personal paperwork and cooked dinner for 3. Gibbo played cricket in the revamped competition - in an attempt to encourage more players (and preserve the 4 teams they currently have) the association made a decision to move the comp from all day Sunday games to half day Saturday games. He left home just before 12 and was back by 4.30 with a win and 2 catches. I think the new format will work well - the men still get to play cricket but it interferes less with family life. Then he and Jamie went to the farm to finally fix the windmill and Jamie came for dinner.

We watched the Wallabies draw with NZ. Gibbo declined two recently offered invitations to attend corporate boxes on the night. He picked me flowers from Jamie's garden.


Today we're going to Twba to pick up the bathtub and see Meg. Tomorrow we go back to the surgeon to have the cotton wool plug removed and see how much I can hear and get permission (or not) to travel down the range on Thursday for two days of livestock budget input with the new system that we had a glimpse of last Monday.

No comments: