Friday, October 12, 2012

What's Normal?

Now that the party is over we can get back to normal - as in back to the running and rushing and lifestyle that just seems to get busier. I asked Gibbo last night why we do what we do. "Just because that's what we do," he said. Hmm. Didn't quite answer my question.

I've spent the majority of the week getting ready for the awa annual conference. A slideshow, a video, a presentation, table signs, posters, competitions - it's all happening.

Monday was busy with Gibbo needing to be at the chiller at 4am. Meg took the day off. Drew and I were at the local medical centre at 8am so that he could get his vaccinations for India (Hep A and Meningitis) and several scripts for malaria, nausea, vomitting, chest infection, skin infection, mild diarrhoea and severe diarrhoea (dehli belly). Geez. He finished off the last of the 2500 word essay and submitted it with a couple of hours to spare. Then we drove him back to Uni and Meg went back to Twba.

We got up early Tuesday and went to the farm to pick up my car and the last of the gear that didn't make it home on Sunday. It was quite beautiful in the early morning. In his haste to get home again, Gibbo left me stranded down there without my car keys or phone. Luckily I had a spare set in the glove box. Just as I was driving out the front gate 40 minutes later he turned up to bring me the keys (after getting home and seeing them in the console of his car).


I'm going to have to straighten that plough disc - I can't really live with looking at it every day in it's crooked state.












Wed and Thurs have passed in a blur. We had a guest stay last night, someone from a company property further west who is also heading to the conference. It's now Friday morning and I'm sitting up in bed doing this, thinking I should really get moving. There's a big weekend to get through then a night in Bris on Sunday followed by a full day of budget talks at head office. Then back here Monday night and turn around back to Twba on Tuesday at lunchtime for my ear operation with an overnight stay in hospital. Then supposedly two weeks off.

No comments: