Saturday, October 13, 2012

The Beginning, Step 1

Joe (the tiler/handyman extraordinaire in the extended family) came to the party and had a look at the bathroom. I told him my renovation ideas. Within 10 minutes he was on the phone and had bought me a claw foot bathtub for $200 from "a mate of mine" - and here she is! Meg sent the photo; I've requested more. I'm keen to see what the inside looks like.


After checking out the toilet/bathroom setup, the plumbing, the septic site and the little back room that I thought we'd knock through into to create the room for my bath, he came up with a totally different concept that involved moving two doors and the existing toilet and blocking off the little hallway that leads into the bathroom to create one quite large bathroom with a new entry! He could just stand back and "see" it whereas I could only see the existing walls and doors and tried to work within that framework. I don't really have a vision for anything like that but within minutes he had totally re-arranged the wet area of the house! We need to work out what configuration we want ie where the bath, shower, basin, 2nd toilet and vanity will go and the colour/tile scheme.

No comments: