Sunday, October 21, 2012

I Wandered

I wandered in the vege garden this morning. It's surprisingly resilient considering I haven't planted anything yet this season. I've had good intentions and keep saying "I must do that" - am thinking of buying some heirloom seeds and "growing my own" instead of buying seedlings...but I just haven't yet. I'm searching for a brilliant tomato variety and an outstanding pumpkin and a good zucchini. I found a website called "Lost Seeds" and chose a few things; just need to get organised.


This beetroot has been there forever!


I love taking photos of tomatoes; when they're green like this, they hold such promise. I'll pick these in a day or two and let them ripen inside; otherwise they end up either with blossom end rot or being stung by insects.


It's a jungle out there in the eschallot patch. They're way oversize and overgrown but still taste great (especially in breakfast scrambled eggs)!


There's not many strawbs, but they still taste good.


This little one is so sweet. She's blind in one eye and can't quite cover all her eggs (all 7 of them)! Even though I don't breed OEG I'm going to let them hatch. More workers for the permaculture garden at the farm; there's plenty of area that needs turning over.


I fear all the worms have left home; the worm patch has been taken over by rogue pumpkin and tomato plants. I just hate to pull anything out though.


Roma tomatoes from last season's bush. Small, but still growing.



No comments: