Wednesday, October 10, 2012

And So The People Came

As I said in my speech, the list isn't long but it's special. Everyone had a very nice time and it was lovely to see some folk that I rarely catch up with.

This little boy has won Meg's heart many times over. He constantly tells her he loves her and if they're away, he rings her to make sure she's ok and not too lonely without him.






We ate lots of colourful entree food; had wagyu steak, onion, coleslaw, pasta salad, Walton salad and Reynolds salad but I didn't take any photos of all that and we had individual meringues, whipped cream and fruit toppings, cheesecake, patty cakes, brightly coloured macarons and an outstanding bicycle cake for dessert (the macarons and cake deserve a post of their own).










There were speeches - and yes, I spoke. I wrote a few things down at 2am Sunday while I sat up with Drew giving him moral, not academic, support while he wrote his essay.

Gibbo said how I'd been on the planet for 50 years, the last 25 with him being the best of those years. The kids said how I'd done a good job raising three great children. I thanked the three of them for choosing me. There was lots of laughter and a few tears (only from me). There were several group hugs.

Warning - lots of speech pics following....















Gibbo's Mum said nice things including how I'm the best daughter-in-law she has. Actually, I'm the only one.


Kat said a few words.


It takes a long time to clap 50 (plus 1 for good luck) times. I obviously thought it was funny. Luckily the birthday hat and self re-lighting candles didn't make it out of Twba.




Meg bought this for me on Saturday morning in town....


To Be Continued.........

No comments: