Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Chair 1

I have the idea (inspired by K) to have a motley collection of old or unusual chairs for our kitchen table at Woodlawn. Our table is an old pine one, given to us as a wedding present by J&B. It's a beautiful honey colour and will look lovely in the little eating area in the new house.

Here is Chair 1. We called in at the TC in Twba on our way back last Friday. Gibbo loves the TC. He wants to put a bid in on everything. Even a taxidermic goat - front half AND BACK HALF. Male. Entire. Get the picture? I'm so pleased he didn't win it. He was a long way behind the highest bid. Phew. Not sure where we would have put it. Certainly not in my luxurious room that's only going to have a bath in it. No way. I didn't want to stare at both ends of a billy goat while I reclined in froth and bubbles, drinking tea and reading a book.

Anyway, here she is. She's a little bent but not wonky. Not wonky is important; it's ok to lean a little. I reckon if I undo the bolt on the crooked front right leg (as you're looking at it) and move the top bit into another hole slightly to the left (as you're looking at it) it will line up with the back leg and be just perfect. I could undo the bolt using one of the 65 spanners that Gibbo bought in a plastic box for $20. We will NEVER run out of spanners in our lifetimes - I think it's the second or third box of spanners that he's bought. No job will ever go undone because we couldn't find the right sized spanner.


I am calling her my birthday chair and she's only for me to sit on. She's strong but a bit delicate. At least until I fix the crooked leg.


No comments: