Friday, June 4, 2010

Where Did It Go?

I could do a post with this title every week - at the risk of repeating myself, another week has flown by. Friday again.

I had tuckshop on Monday; I quite like going to ts. I like the convener and we've become friends over the years. I'll miss July because my day will be a pupil free day and I'll miss August because I'll be in England - so that only leaves 3 more ts days in my life!

Drew and I went to the doc on Wednesday morning for his medical for the Canada application. There's a few vaccinations to catch up on; he had a tetanus needle there and then. He needs a blood test to check whether he's had the Hep B vaccs (I can't remember); I've got a friend checking to see what needles he's had at school through the community health clinics (I didn't record them) and he needs to go to Toowoomba for the TB skin test (first week of school hols, two visits 48 hours apart). There's probably a booster for MMR required as well. Poor kid will be a pin cushion.

Yesterday, after the birthday breakfast, I took him for the blood test. He was expecting to "feel the needle go into the skin then feel the blood pumping, in big spurts, into the little bottle". It was quite an anti-climax in the end; he hardly felt anything. We were done by 8.10am so went to the Coffee Club for hot chocolate and cappucino to "revive" before school. This week's assessments included another Jap test, a Maths assignment and Biol draft due.

Theatre restaurant practice/set up went into the night so Drew stayed in town; they spend all day today at the hall, rehearsing.

It won't be a quiet weekend; we have (overseas and head office) visitors for morning tea, lunch and a tour on Sunday which means a fair degree of prep takes place on Saturday; ThRest Sat night and I need to be in town Sunday morning to do my Dad's first official defibrillator transmission to Brisbane over the phone line (we've done a practice one). Gibbo goes to Sydney next week for AWA business then will spend the rest of the week in NSW but there's eom reports to get done before he leaves. I love quiet weekends where I can potter and read; this won't be one of them.

No comments: