Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Week That Was

I think my blog is beginning to turn into more of an on-line diary/journal of sort than just postings of various events in my life. It runs the risk of becoming a little too detailed but that’s just the direction it’s taking at the moment; for some reason I feel a need to record (nearly) everything that happens so I’ll just go with it for now.

I’m actually having plenty of trouble even getting on to Blogger – my new post page will appear but then it won’t actually load so that I can type something. I hope it fixes itself soon. I’m typing up posts in Word so that I can just copy across when it fixes itself. (I've gone back to the old post editor so hope this works, although it may look a little different once it hits the screen).

We went to Toowoomba again for the 2nd last drama workshop on Wednesday night; it was cold and bleak; we were warm in the car but the dry brown leaves were scudding across the streets and along the kerbs – it was a mood-inspiring scene.

I picked Drew up at lunchtime on Thursday and we met Meg at the shopping centre – she bought a Wii. We played games on it that night.

Friday saw Gibbo finally return home and Meg and I drove to Toowoomba to pick Chris up off the bus; it’s been 4 weeks since he was home and it’s lovely to see him. His job is working out well for him and he’s looking for a car to buy.

Assessments this week included Biology (research assignment on effects of lunar planting); English (pick a theme from Macbeth and write a short story – Drew chose conflict, the tussle between what a Grade 12 boy wants to do with his life and what his parents want him to do - not autobiographical!) and Drama draft (using Brecht’s Epic Theatre conventions create a submission on the social condition of people etc). Exam block is next week – SOR, 2 x English, Maths and Drama presentation. One day at a time. Only two terms to go. Wow.

No comments: