Monday, June 14, 2010

Miss Pepper Leaves Home

Well Miss Pepper wasn't even here for 24 hours before she decided she'd break out and go missing. We left her on a collar and rope and came in for lunch and when Meg went back out to check her, she was gone.

We took to cars, bikes and foot to track her down but then Meg and Chris had to leave as Chris had to catch the bus back to Brisbane. Gibbo went to the farm to check if the backgrounders had eaten through the luceauna and Drew, after trudging through the paddocks for ages, came back in to continue studying. I walked and walked and walked but could find no sign of her. After nearly two hours of searching I got a phone call from Gibbo to say he'd found her when he returned from the farm -she was AT THE HOUSE GRID.

So it took me 20 minutes to walk back from where I'd ended up, way way away over the back of the property. I had with me a poodle and a miniature foxie and binoculars and a phone that only worked when I was on a ridge. It was a real adventure for the dogs. I tweaked an already tweaked hamstring when clambering over the rocks and tussocks and I arrived back exhausted (but very pleased to see Pepper back in her cage).

What else is in store for us with this goat - is this the first of many adventures?

No comments: