Sunday, June 13, 2010

Permaculture Update

The produce from the Permy garden is slowly increasing. We (as in Megan) were excited to dig some artichokes up - my Dad will be pleased to see they grew. The Barnies are laying at last - beautiful big brown eggs and the cherry toms are fat and juicy - and we got the first peas too - they were very sweet and crunchy.



Today and tomorrow are leafy vegetable planting days in the lunar calendar. After the visit to Mr P, Meg and I went to town and bought some herbs and veges. I spent acouple of hours in the afternoon planting out iceberg lettuce, dwarf broccoli and silverbeet in Station 4 (Andrew's mix); 2 basil, triple curled parsley, thyme, italian parsley in Station 3; and lemongrass and comfrey around the outer edges. I also bricked up Station 4. It's so easy to lose myself in the pottering and my mind wanders and I think of so many things to blog about and say in a posting but then I forget half of them! It's so calming to be in the garden - and I like it so much more than the garden inside the fence that needs so much attention at the moment.











A beautiful end to an enjoyable day.

No comments: