Sunday, June 13, 2010

Pepper Comes to Live

Megan has been asking for quite a while if she can get a goat. We just kept avoiding the subject - until she met Mr P at the poultry show.

Gibbo and I had a conversation in bed this morning (Sunday) about goats and whether it was a good idea that Megan got one. We decided to visit Mr P and then come home and have a round table discussion on the matter...but he folded like a pack of cards. We went down the road...we saw 20 goats...Megan saw a little black one, in kid...she (Megan) looked at her father with those big brown eyes and said "oohh I want that one Daddy, she's perrrrfect"...and that was the end of him...just like a pack of cards he fell apart...melted like an ice-cream on a hot summer day...no resolve, no discussion...just "well I'd better come back later with a ute"...I said "hang on, what about that talk we had in bed this morning" (which sent everyone into fits of laughter)...and he just gave a grin...and that was it.




So we did come home and discuss something but it wasn't whether Meg would get a goat or not - it was more along the lines of where is the goat going to live, what's it going to eat, what if it needs help having its' baby/babies (guess who'll get that job). Oh dear, what have we done. A goat near a garden this size? We'll see. (Actually she is very cute - her name is Pepper - and no doubt I'll come to love her as much as I loved my camels and my goat from my childhood,Guran).





No comments: