Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Rest of Sunday

We drove to Brisbane and picked up Drew and went to Toowong for a chinese lunch. It was fabulous!

Entree was steamed pork dumplings.


Main was sweet and sour pork, mongolian lamb, honey chicken and special fried rice.


My all time favourite chinese food is honey chicken.


Then I got my birthday present. This is actually the second card that Gibbo bought for me. He lost the first one. It flew off the front of the car at home and he couldn't find it.


And here's my birthday present - a voucher for a return airfare to New Zealand to finally walk the Milford Track....more tears from me! Meg was on Skype while all this was going on! I have the best family in the world!


After dropping Drew back at College we drove to Twba and called in on Meg quickly. Then we drove to D and called on Mum and she gave me a Bookbook for my Macbook and a framed photo of me taken by the kids on my birthday with the little "50" sign that she made. She also gave me $100; when I said I'd put it towards next year's ride she insisted that I buy something for the new house so that in 25 years time I can say, "My mother gave me that on my 50th birthday"......so maybe that's the first bit of cash in the thermomix jar (although I need to do a fair bit of work on Gibbo first to convince him that a thermomix is just what we need)!

We arrived home about 7pm. What a week (well, 9 days). What a way to turn 50. Memorable in so many ways.

I felt relaxed and refreshed and ready to face the challenges of the next few months.

No comments: