Saturday, September 29, 2012

Back to the Farm

Gibbo and I went back to the farm today to continue gardening. The parsley and oregano are loving the manure and mulch from last week.




The manure we spread last weekend (that I was too tired to photograph) received 3mm of rain during the week.


Poofy came to inspect.


Here's my offsider.


Poor Poofy followed us all the way up the paddock and back and was exhausted by the time he got back.


We went to check these - 7 new angus babies and a charolais that Mum had hidden in the grass.








We finished spreading the manure in the big garden then started on the two narrow strips at the house.



We used bark chip in the smaller gardens. I didn't like it at first - too white - but once it was spread I liked it better.






 And the other side.








I cleaned out one of the smaller round gardens of all its straggly daisy bushes and discovered quite a few clivia plants. I really like clivia so this is a bonus.









A third bale of hay didn't go far enough; there's still nearly half the big area to go.




 It was raining when we left. It was very peaceful and calm down there in the late afternoon light.













No comments: