Monday, September 24, 2012

Too Sore to Think

Gibbo borrowed Rocky's truck for the weekend and carted the last of the unburnt trees from our pruning operations to the local dump. He also carted around 6 tonne of horse manure and two big bales of barley straw to the garden. We spent yesterday afternoon spreading most of the manure and about 2/3 of one bale of mulch. Backbreaking work in the hot sun.

I can ride 540km and feel fantastic - I do 4 hours of gardening work and have aching, aching muscles and can hardly walk. In the end I said to him, "I got no muscles left Gibbo" so we called it a day. I was even too tired to remember to take photos of the big area we spread and watered in; next visit.










One wheelbarrow load doesn't really go very far.


I lost count of the number of loads to fill the intended herb garden but we got it done.




Then we mulched it, nice and thick and used over half a big bale - Gibbo thinks there's plenty of seed in the barley straw - so that will be the next challenge.




No comments: