Sunday, September 2, 2012

Riding

I went out for a ride after the kids left. I rode 60km and could have done more but it started to get a bit late to be out on the road. It was 4 o'clock when I got back; there were long shadows about. My ancient iPod died after 1 and 1/2 hours of great shuffled songs; I ride faster when there's music to match the pedalling to. After a little while of silence I plugged into the iPod on my phone - except I only have two songs on it! Hahaha. I heard them 4 times each and now know every single word and nuance and inflection - Pink's Who Knew and Hunters and Collectors' Throw Your Arms Around Me.


The kids are in Tba (Drew is in the spa!); Meg is packing her gear for tomorrow (a presentation is involved); Gibbo is in bed (he has a 2.30am start to be at the chiller in time to see the carcases go through and pick the meat for the dinner and competition at this year's conference) and I'm falling asleep on the couch, too tired to get up and move! A great day.

No comments: