Sunday, March 6, 2011

Going Arty

We've just had a week of extremes - four days at the Sheraton Mirage on the Gold Coast living in grandeur and then a night in Sydney at a rather grubby little motel on a noisy, well lit street...but more about that later.

Whilst on the Gold Coast we were treated to a viewing at Anthea Polson Art Gallery before dining at Glass restaurant at Marina Mirage, overlooking the marina and some very expensive moored boats. A photographer was present at the viewing and I just logged onto Anthea's site and found this - Gibbo, our CEO David F, Anthea and guest speaker, Andrew Stark.
If you go here 
 http://antheapolsonart.com.au/blog/index.php/opening-nights/an-evening-with-the-australian-agricultural-company/ you will see more photos of the evening (and even one of me, hiding in the background). Check out the banner!!

I went back the next day and, on the recommendation of DF and Anthea, we purchased this...it's very dark in this picture and difficult to see clearly. Whilst it might not fund our retirement it should grow in value (we hope).
 On my own recommendation (?!!) we also purchased this. I fell in love with its' power and strength...and I think it's just berserk.
So these two pieces are our first (and probably our last) foray into the world of investment art. Who knows?

Photos of the Sheraton are on Meg's camera and she's at the Sunshine Coast for a 21st. We tag teamed on Friday night with the camera and I didn't get a chance to download before she left. I'll leave the rest of the Sheraton story until I get the pics.

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Unfortunately my artistic knowledge doesn't stretch far enough to have a fine appreciation of all things arty. I do however appreciate a good chook picture and I really love your second purchase.
Hope you had a wonderful week.
{Gibbo has lost a lot of weight, by the way}.