Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Day on the Green

I uploaded these photos this morning on the desktop at home. Now I'm at Surat and my iPad only sees photos in HTML so I can't tell which is which. Therefore I can't comment (perhaps that's a good thing) and I can't delete any of the too many I posted. So I'm going to go ahead and post them and I'll edit/delete when I get home (or maybe not because then I will have moved on). Anyway, I know you're all dying to see them so enjoy (or not, depending on your level of interest in cricket).

I guess I should explain why we were at the Sydney Cricket Ground- the Qld Over 40's Golden Oldies played their counterparts in NSW. We flew down early from the Gold Coast and went straight to the ground. Without going into any great detail 'cos it might bore excite you too much, after a very poor start, Qld actually won. Gibbo took two wickets and scored ONE sad run. A very expensive run, that ONE. We had dinner there too. We stayed in a grubby little motel in Kensington. Think health inspector, unchanged sheets and dirty bathrooms. We sure went from the penthouse to the outhouse in a matter of hours. Anyway, Gibbo said to put it all down to experience. I can do without experiences like that!! He enjoyed the cricket and the thrill of playing at the SCG in front of five people.

It was also our wedding anniversary - best one yet!!?!?


 tt

1 comment:

Fiona said...

...and the crowd went wild!
Great action shots, love how as they walk back to the stand, they're always practising the shot they 'should have made'.

That Megan!!!
No-one's meant to find that new page until Monday when I'll link it my real blog!!!
I haven't even started yet, Monday's the day, just mucking around setting it up, now I'm a bit embarassed!

You are lucky Mare to obviously have the super metabolism you have. I'm not really overweight, just always on the lookout to drop a few kilos, this looked like a bit of fun, and I figured if I blogged as I went I'll stay on track.

I'm going to jump on the tractor for a couple of hours before getting the kids to school. I'm running out of hours in the days.