Tuesday, March 8, 2011

It Happened!

Drew moved to his new family yesterday then sent this email through to update the rest of the family on what's been happening..

Haven't updated in a while so I thought I'd do it on my Sunday night before school tomorrow. A bit has happened since we last talked.


On Saturday I was going to go downtown and have lunch with my exchange student friends and do some shopping. I woke up on Saturday to POURING, literally pouring, rain. I decided to venture out (which was a bad idea) and head downtown. The drains all over the city were frozen with ICE so the water had nowhere to go, so it just built up in the streets and I wasn't really wearing appropriate shoes. So I had wet feet for the day, which was really annoying. Lunch was good, shopping was even better :)



Now. The big news.



My original host family wasn't really working out for me….I applied to be moved to a different family…....I am now emailing you from my new address!!!! YAY!



One of my friends that I met was interested in having me as a host brother and asked her parents and they said yes. I have a mum, a dad and a host sister who is in grade 12 as well. I have two host brothers but they don't live at home. They live in a 5-bedroom house, with a big back yard, pool and big house. They are very family orientated and have family dinner + game night every Sunday night so I fit in PERFECTLY haha.



As soon as I entered the house I knew I was home, that this was the place that I would make memories to stay with me forever.



My host sister helped me unpack my bags, showed me around the house and showed me where I would be catching the bus to school. She and I will be sharing a bathroom and we worked out a system with showers haha.



In the Summer they're going to Massachusetts in America up to a ski mountain and asked me if I'd like to come along. I said YESSS!!! Massachusetts in the Summer of course has no snow so hiking, canoeing and shopping is popular so that'll be good. I'll have to cut short my Summer Camp so I can go but that’s SO okay :)



So I'm sitting in my room playing music and reading a book sending this email. I know I'm where I'm supposed to be and I am so content.



Off to bed. Hope all is well with everyone :)



P.S I attached photos. My room is the best :D and the window in it is SOOOO cool.



Miss and love you all !



Drew





1 comment:

Fiona said...

Sounds like one happy boy Mare, which in turn will mean one more relaxed and happy Mama.
Pleased things have worked out for Drew. Sounds like the beginning of yet another grand adventure.

(Thanks for the pig comment - we usually pride ourselves on very good scalds, we use some metal cones Matthew concocted as scrapers, very similar to the saucepan lids {hadn't thought of that}, then finish off with the knife. Unfortunately it all went pear-shaped yesterday! These kids delight in playing in the guts and identifying various organs, and take turns feeding bits to dogs who are all watching the scene keenly from their cages. It gives the kids a good appreciation of the cycle of life, and also about food production. We killed four ducks as well, have you any tips/recipes for cooking these. I've never cooked duck, but found a nice Chinese recipe last night and am going to plain old roast one tonight).